Here at The Lowry we believe that our diverse programme of performing and visual arts should be accessible to anyone, and we aim to make everyone’s visit as easy and comfortable as possible.
This section of the website contains detailed information about what we offer for customers with additional access needs.
We have facilities to assist people with limited mobility, hearing impairment and visual impairment. We also offer a programme of relaxed performances.
Complimentary tickets are available for personal assistants / essential carers, subject to membership of our free Access Register.
Assistance dogs are welcome.
A large print and audio version of our season brochure is available here
Any of our other printed materials can be supplied in large print or Easy Read formats on request.
If you have any questions which are not covered by the information here, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Access team.
Call 0333 320 2838 or email: email@example.com
We aim to respond to all email enquiries within 48 hours, although in very busy periods this could be up to 7 working days. If your enquiry is urgent, please call us.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Lowry very soon.
NEW COVID-19 safety measures in place
New COVID-19 safety measures are now in operation. As such, your visitor experience will be different to what you remember pre-COVID. Please take a moment to watch the video below.
Please also refer to our COVID-19 FAQs, which you can view here.
COVID-19: Our building has re-opened.
As we begin to reopen our building for exhibitions and live performances, we wanted to give you a quick update about the access to our venue.
Please be aware of the following arrangements:
Arriving at The Lowry
• Two dedicated Blue Badge spaces remain in place on our Service Road, between The Lowry and the water facing MediaCityUK. These are first come, first served and are in addition to Blue Badge spaces in the Quayside Outlet Centre car parks.
• Before travelling to us, please check TFGM for the latest journey updates here.
• If you require assistance or have a dedicated Access booking, please report to the red gate near the front doors. A member of staff will then be able to assist you.
• If customers need assistance to get to their seat or use our facilities, please take advantage of a complimentary ticket for an assistant or companion to join you. Please ensure that this assistant/companion is able to assist all of the requirements that you may whilst in our building.
• The practical considerations of COVID-safe Touch Tours mean that each one is arranged slightly different, according to the specific show that is visiting us. We will give you as much information about each Touch Tour and the practicalities and timings in advance of your visit.
• Service and Assistance dogs are welcome in all areas of our building. If you would like to leave your dog outside of the auditorium whilst you are a watching a performance, please bring this to the attention of the Duty Manager on arrival at the building.
Audio Description and Hearing Enhancement
• We strongly encourage customers to download the Sennheiser Mobile Connect app, which allows you to connect to our services on your own device, using your own headphones. Alternatively, sanitised headsets are available on request upon arrival.
Attitude is Everything
We have been awarded a Silver award from Attitude is Everything for our efforts enabling access to the venue, and our friendly front of house team are always on hand to help during your visit.
Shows with Access performances
Tue 23 November–Sat 4 December 2021
Matthew Bourne's Nutcracker! 2021
Ballet, Christmas, Contemporary Dance, Dance
Wed 8 December 2021 - Sat 15 January 2022
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
Access, Children and Family Shows, Christmas