Associate Artists is a long standing relationship between The Lowry and selected artists and companies with the aim to increase their national and international profile and build a career that is sustainable.
How does it work?
- Core funding towards, the creation of new work and organisational development
- Opportunities for commissioning, upscaling and longer runs
- Marketing and PR support to develop profile and positioning nationally
- Highly specialised bespoke support and mentorship
Who is it for?
- Artists who have an existing relationship with The Lowry
- Entry onto the programme is through invitation
‘Being Associate Artists has given us many levels of support as an emerging theatre company. From financial support to the encouragement and opportunities for personal development. Having access to members of the Lowry team has been great; from regular meetings with our Artist Development Manager, to meeting teams from Learning and Engagement, Audience Development and Marketing, we have been able to learn how we can work better as individuals and as a company.’
Colour The Clouds – Associate Artists
Over the last few years we have supported Kill The Beast to take significant steps forward in their creative practice and developing a national profile for their work. We have supported them to build relationships with other venues, develop innovative techniques for projection, present work across studio and midscale spaces and create a new home for the company in Greater Manchester.