An annual art competition for primary school aged children
All primary school aged children can now enter a competition that could see their art work exhibited next to LS Lowry’s most celebrated works of art.
The Copley Prize at The Lowry is kindly supported by Alison and Noel Copley.
What could you win?
• Art resources for schools or home learning
• A tour of The Lowry Galleries for the winner’s family
• The winner’s art work framed professionally and hung in The Lowry Galleries next to the work of LS Lowry
Who can enter?
Any primary school aged children (Key Stage 1 & 2) are eligible for entry.
To explore LS Lowry’s work click here.
2020 Winner - Alishba-Raazia Usman
How to enter
You can POST your entries to ‘The Copley Prize, The Lowry, Pier 8, Salford Quays, M503AZ’ Please include a note with the following information:
Name and age of applicant
Title of work
Address of applicant
Name of parent/teacher
Name of school
Contact telephone number
Contact email address
Alternatively you can EMAIL a photo or scanned copy of your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the information above.
If you EMAIL, remember to keep your artwork safe at home in case you win the competition and we request the original to be displayed.
Teachers are invited to submit as many entries as they wish but are limited to one entry per child.
Art Lesson Resources for Schools
These resources will help you introduce LS Lowry’s style to your students or children
Remember that Copley Prize entries are to be inspired by, not just copies of Lowry’s work. We can’t wait to see your creations!
Email them to us at email@example.com or post to ‘The Copley Prize, The Lowry, Pier 8, Salford Quays, M503AZ’.
Information About LS Lowry's Paintings
How To Draw An LS Lowry Landscape (For Key Stage 1)
How To Draw An LS Lowry Portrait (For Key Stage 1)
How To Draw An LS Lowry Portrait (For Key Stage 2)
How To Draw An LS Lowry Landscape (For Key Stage 2)
Rules of Entry
1. All 4-11 year olds (Key Stage 1 & 2) are eligible to enter.
2. If entry from a school, Teachers are also welcome to submit an entry from more than one child in their class or may choose to submit a piece of work that the whole class has worked on together. Please note however, that we will choose an individual piece of art as the winner and not a group of works.
3. Each drawing or painting should be inspired by the work of LS Lowry.
4. The maximum size for entries is A3 (29cm x 42cm). Unfortunately we cannot accept digital copies of work.
5. You will only be notified if your child is selected as a seasonal or annual winner.
6. The Lowry will be unable to return or keep entries. However, parents or teachers are welcome to arrange collection of work personally providing this is within one month and is clearly requested when submitted.
7. By entering into the competition you agree for the entry to be displayed and used in any associated publicity by The Lowry.
8. The winner agrees to attend The Lowry (by arrangement) in order to receive their prize and take part in any associated publicity.