Countdown to re-opening
The Lowry galleries will re-open at weekends from 1 November. Live performances re-start from 27 November.
If you have an urgent query not related to a performance, exhibition or workshop, please click here to email our customer care team who will endeavour to reply as soon as possible.
COVID-19 prevention measures in place
We are delighted to be preparing to welcome visitors and audiences back into our venue.
Our priority throughout will be to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable.
Here are some of the COVID-19 prevention measures we will have in place across the building.
Before your visit
• Tickets will only be available in fixed groups of 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 tickets.
• We will send you an email 48hrs before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need in advance
• You must book a free timed ticket for the Galleries before your visit.
When you arrive at the venue
• There will be staggered arrival times to shows in the building to reduce queues, and temperature checks and security controls will be in place.
• Staggered start times may not apply to outdoor performances with smaller capacities however we request that audiences arrive at least 30 minutes before the start time.
• All tickets must be bought in advance and e-tickets will be scanned at the entrance so please print these at home or show them on your mobile device.
• We will be following a strict non-admission policy for late comers so please allow plenty of time for your journey
• You must arrive in your pre-booked time slot for the Galleries
Inside the building
• There will be no food available but drinks can be pre –ordered or our bar will be open with contactless payments only.
• Face masks are mandatory at all times throughout the venue, include the Galleries and inside the auditorium during the performance. Entry will be denied if face masks are not worn.
• Children under the age of 11 will not be required to wear face masks.
• The theatre and the galleries will be cleaned throughout the day and between every theatre show. Front of House areas will additionally be cleaned during shows, while audience members are in the auditorium.
• Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance to the venue and throughout foyer and bar areas as well as the galleries and on entry to the auditorium.
• We would ask that all Gallery visitors and audience members abide by all instructions given by our staff as well as signage and notifications to ensure the safety of everyone in the building. We will be asking audiences to maintain social distancing from all other households or support bubbles whilst at the venue.
What do we need from our visitors and audiences
The show will be presented in exactly the same way as normal – with a full cast, set and costumes. The quality of the performance will not be compromised in any way.
What do we need from our audiences
Do not attend the venue and contact us immediately if you:
• believe you may be infected with COVID-19;
• have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
• have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
• have arrived in England in the last 14 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self-isolation; or
• have been instructed to self-isolate.
All these regulations are designed to keep everyone safe and ensure that everyone has a great time. Please respect our staff at all times as they implement these measures for everyone’s wellbeing – and most importantly we hope you enjoy the show!