The Lowry building is NOW OPEN for socially-distanced indoor performances (mid-week & weekends) and for gallery visitors (11am-4pm at weekends). Click here to read details of our re-opening programme.
Our priority will be to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable. Here are some of the COVID-19 prevention measures we will have in place across the building.
To read our statement regarding the new measures in place for Greater Manchester, click here.
COVID-19 safety measures - theatres
COVID-19 safety measures - galleries
We are 'See it Safely' Approved
We have been granted the use of Society Of London Theatre & UK Theatre’s ‘See It Safely’ mark. The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences.
The Lowry building is NOW OPEN for socially-distanced indoor performances (mid-week & weekends) and for gallery visitors (11am-4pm at weekends).
If you have an urgent query not related to a performance, exhibition or workshop, please click here to email our customer care team who will endeavour to reply as soon as possible.
COVID-19 prevention measures in place
Before your visit
• Tickets will only be available in fixed groups of 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 tickets.
• Test and Trace details for all members of the party will be taken at the point of booking.
If your details change before you attend, please make us aware when you arrive at the venue. The NHS QR code app will be available to scan on arrival as well.
• We will send you an email before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need in advance
• You must book a free timed ticket for the Galleries before your visit.
When you arrive at the venue
• There will be staggered arrival times to shows in the building to reduce queues, and temperature checks, Test & Trace and security controls will be in place.
• Staggered start times may not apply to outdoor performances with smaller capacities however we request that audiences arrive at least 30 minutes before the start time.
• All tickets must be bought in advance and e-tickets will be scanned at the entrance so please print these at home or show them on your mobile device.
• We will be following a strict non-admission policy for late comers so please allow plenty of time for your journey
• You must arrive in your pre-booked time slot for the Galleries
Inside the building
Pre-show and interval drinks are available to book in advance from our box office and drinks can be collected in the main foyer on arrival. (You may remove your mask to consume your drink, at your seat only.)
• Face masks are mandatory at all times throughout the venue, include the Galleries and inside the auditorium during the performance. (Except when consuming drinks) Entry will be denied if face masks are not worn.
• Children under the age of 11 will not be required to wear face masks.
• The theatre and the galleries will be cleaned throughout the day and between every theatre show. Front of House areas will additionally be cleaned during shows, while audience members are in the auditorium.
• Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance to the venue and throughout foyer and bar areas as well as the galleries and on entry to the auditorium.
• We would ask that all Gallery visitors and audience members abide by all instructions given by our staff as well as signage and notifications to ensure the safety of everyone in the building. Please observe social distancing at all times.
What do we need from our visitors and audiences
The show will be presented in exactly the same way as normal – with a full cast, set and costumes. The quality of the performance will not be compromised in any way.
What do we need from our audiences
Do not attend the venue and contact us immediately if you:
• believe you may be infected with COVID-19;
• have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
• have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
• have arrived in England in the last 14 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self-isolation; or
• have been instructed to self-isolate.
All these regulations are designed to keep everyone safe and ensure that everyone has a great time. Please respect our staff at all times as they implement these measures for everyone’s wellbeing – and most importantly we hope you enjoy the show!