The Egg and The Lowry are inviting submissions from people interested in working to develop a family dance piece for audiences aged 5+.
Previous experience of making family dance shows is not necessary. All you need is a great idea and be happy to challenge the status quo.
It forms part of both venues’ commitment to diversifying the pool of artists and companies in this industry and will be delivered through their respective artist development programmes – The Incubator and Developed With The Lowry.
The Egg, one of only two full-time professional theatres for children outside of London, is part of Theatre Royal Bath. Their pioneering idea development programme, The Incubator, supports talented individuals to develop world-class experiences for young audiences.
The Developed With The Lowry programme is a 12-month bespoke package of professional development that provides five artists/ companies a year with a cash investment and production support.
The successful applicant will receive;
• A £1500 bursary to pay for their time as a Leverhulme Arts Scholar, enabling them to attend the Incubator’s planning, learning and industry events.
• A £7000 research and development budget (this may include payments to the artist)
• Mentoring by an industry professional, appointed in consultation with the artist
• Support from a pioneering training programme
• A further travel and accommodation budget