Thu 12 September - Sat 14 September
From the producers of Jock Night and #BeMoreMartyn
Now in its third year, OutStageUs will celebrate new LGBT+ writing from Greater Manchester and beyond. A night of drama, comedy, film and spoken word to showcase our region’s unique LGBT+ community.
In this, the 50th anniversary year of the Stonewall Riots, when the New York Police Department raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York’s Greenwich Village, OutStageUs will present works that reflect the past, present and future of LGBT+ activism.
Join us for a funny, outrageous, touching and uplifting journey down the cobbles of Canal Street with short plays written by some of the region’s most exciting writers.
This is an evening celebrating Greater Manchester’s rich history of activism and defiance, a night of strength and optimism exploring LGBT+ themes from our City Region and across the globe.
Hive North are proud to present
- Unspoken by Annie Wallace
- My Temple by Tom Carney
- Coming Out Stories by Emma Goswell, Abigail Goswell & Sam Walker
- Extra Curricular by Billie Collins
- Mixed Up by James McDermott
- Changes by Chloe McLaughlin & Katie Potter
- Fluid by Nick Maynard presented by Green Carnation Company
- The Personal Things by The Barnard Center for Research on Women
- My Loneliness Is Killing Me by Michael Richardson directed by Tim Courtney