Here you will find artist resources to help you shape and develop your practice, from “How To” guides; to insight into other artists’ practice; to archives of our training workshops.
We hope there is something on offer here for you. If you can’t find what you’re looking for do let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll do our best to help you find the information you need.
- Read and find out about the Social Model of Disability from Shape Arts
- Putting on an accessible show at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- A Guide to Theatre Access: This website aims to give you a step by step guide to working on captioned, audio described and British Sign Language (BSL) interpreted performances at your venue.
- Disabled Artists Networking Community is a regular networking event for established/professional artists and performers (of any art form) that have a disability.
- Resources for disabled artists and companies on the Unlimited website: a Shape-led project run in partnership with Artsadmin who, in turn, list their own resources artist development resources here.
- ACE Project Grants Application Cheatsheet by Rachel Dobbs. Click here and say thanks on twitter @RachelDobbs1.
- ACE Under £15k Project Grant Template by Laura Sweeney. Click here and say thanks on twitter @laurajsweeney
- An Unofficial Guide for Theatre Makers by Simon Day. Click here and say thanks to Theatre Bristol’s Artist Support Associates.
- From Arts Council England: In addition to the How to apply guidance, they also publish information sheets that offer guidance on particular aspects of applying for Project Grants. Click here.
- Independent Theatre Consultants with rates of pay among helpful resources
- Routes In Guide: Venue North’s invaluable guide to getting programmed in the North.
- East Meets West: A Network for the East And West Midlands’ Independent Theatre Sector.
- Tourbook – find venues and audiences you never knew existed and make new connections in places near and far.